In the MSIT second-year seminar, students explore career opportunities in ICT through individual and group projects, presentations and discussions. Drawing on internships, other work experiences, selected readings, and guest lectures, the role of specific professional and technical skills critical to success will be examined and strategies for lifelong learning will be developed.
- Understanding of career opportunities in ICT
- Development of a personal career plan
- Job-search skills
- Understanding of life-long learning
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Construct a high-quality resume for job applications
- Interview for jobs effectively
- Understand how to look for jobs
- Think constructively and creatively about career options and goals
Grades are determined by written assignments and participation in in-class exercises.